AARP Tax Assistance

5 February, 2019 @ 9:00 am – 2:00 pm America/Chicago Timezone

What you should bring when you visit an AARP Tax-Aide site:

  • Social Security cards(or ITIN document, or Social Security document showing full name and full ID number) for you, your spouse if MFJ(Married Filing Joint), and all dependents
  • Picture ID for you (and spouse if MFJ)such as a valid driver’s license or other government issued ID
  • If filing a joint return, both spouses should be present
  • Copy of previous year’s tax returns, or IRS provided transcripts – if at all possible
  • All W-2 forms received
  • All 1099 forms received (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B, 1099-misc, SSA-1099, RRB-1099, CSA-Form1099-R, etc.)
  • All forms indicating federal income tax paid
  • Health insurance coverage information for you, your spouse and all dependents – including any Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C and a copy of any health care exemptions from the IRS or the Marketplace
  • Unemployment compensation statements
  • Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID, social security number)
  • Details of real estate tax bills for claiming Kansas Homestead or Safe Senior Property Tax refunds
  • Summary list of receipts and canceled checks for deductible items – if itemizing
  • If expecting a refund, please bring a CHECK or DIRECT DEPOSIT form with issuer printed (not hand written) routing and account numbers for direct deposit.  Bank account non-direct deposit slips may not be used to verify routing and account numbers.
  • Save time by completing, printing, and bringing with you pages 1-3 of the intake form: HERE